Sinusitis and Homeopathy
Sinusitis is nothing but the inflammation of the Para-nasal sinuses causing innumerable symptoms with a terrific tendency of recurrence.
Whenever these sinuses are inflamed, it is described as sinusitis. All these sinuses communicate with nasal sinuses and the mucus lining of sinuses is same as that of nostrils. As a result, whenever these sinuses are inflamed, the manifestations are through nose. These sinuses are situated one on either side of nose and just above the orbits towards the middle of forehead.
As it has been already mentioned, this is a chronic problem with recurring tendency. Patients suffering for long time seek homeopathy treatment. Many of these patients after allopathic treatment, habituated for putting nasal drops for relief seek better treatment in Homeopathy. May be, that this is also one of the reasons, that many of these patients suffer from anosmia, in common words, loss of sense of smell.
Acute sinusitis often starts as a cold, which then turns into a bacterial infection. Allergies, pollutants, nasal problems and certain diseases may also cause sinusitis.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
symptom can include fever, weakness, fatigue, cough and congestion. There may also be mucus drainage in the back of the throat, called post nasal drip.
Homeopathic Approach for Sinusitis*
Homeopathy offers freedom from Sinusitis. Conventional treatment gives only temporary symptom relief for sinusitis. So more often than not, Sinusitis keeps returning. As the problem becomes chronic, conventional treatment gets less effective as the bacteria found in sinusitis become more resistance to antibiotics, conventional treatment.
In such chronic cases patient gets benefit from Homeopathic constitutional treatment. Therefore more and more people are turning towards homeopathy for relief from this chronic troublesome disease.
Consultation of qualified homeopathic Practitioner is of a great help for these patients. Homeopathy promises cure for sinusitis and provides long term relief in contrast to the allopathic medicines.
Self medication is not advisable.
Homeopathy Medicines/Remedies for Sinusitis
Chronic and Acute Sinusitis can be treated by appropriate Homeopathic medicines like: Ars Alb, Belladona, Hepar sulph, Kali Bich, Kali Iod, Lachesis, Lemna miner, Merc sol, Sabadilla, Sang Nit, Sepia, Silicea, Spigelia, Sticta, Pulsatilla, Thuja, Tuberculinum, etc.
Prevention for Sinusitis
- Reduce exposure to allergens.
- Improve household ventilation by opening windows whenever possible.
- Sleep with head of the bed elevated. This promotes sinus drainage.
- Use decongestants with caution.
- Avoid air pollutions (such as smoke) that irritate the nose.
- Eat a balance diet and exercise.
- Minimize exposure to persons with known infections.
General Self - Care Tips to Prevent Infections
- Wash hands with soap & water, thoroughly and frequently as the mechanical action of hand washing aids I removing the germs.
- Avoid touching the nose, mouth and eyes.
- Avoid close, prolonged contact with anyone who has a cold.
- Eliminate, reduce or modify exposure to the triggering factors such as dust, smoke or chemicals at work place.
- Drink plenty of fluids (at least 7 to 8 glasses of water every day) in order to prevent drying of nasal mucous membrane.
- Eat a well balanced diet as it helps the body to develop immunity and increase the resistance to infections.