Allergic Rhinitis/Hay Fever and Homeopathy
Allergic rhinitis is commonly known as "Hay fever" or "Seasonal allergic rhinitis" because its symptoms occurs only at certain times of the year mostly during pollen season.
However the condition may last throughout the year & then it is referred as "Perennial allergic rhinitis."
Allergic rhinitis caused by an over sensitive immune response. It occurs when immune system of a person reacts to the substances which are generally harmless and in most people do not trigger an immune response.
- Molds growing on dead leaves (fungus)
- Airborne chemicals (chlorine & detergents)
- Dust partials
- Animal dander (skin flakes)
- Droppings of cockroaches or household dust mites.
- Cigarette smoke
Who is at Risk?
- Genetic factors - genetic factors are the major determinants of allergies. If both parents have allergic rhinitis, the child`s risk of developing the same is 75%whereas if only one of them is allergic, the child`s risk is 50%.
- Age - Although most often beginning at Childhood allergic rhinitis may appear at any age. While an initial onset of the condition in early childhood decreases the possibility of its persistence in later life.
- Other allergic conditions - eczema, food allergies, allergic asthma, etc increases the risk.
- Occupation - Persistence exposure to certain allergens at workplace such as seed dust, wood dust, textile dust, animal dander, rubber latex, chemicals & storage mites.
Consult a Qualified Homeopathy Practitioner for the appropriate treatment. For chronic & acute conditions patient needs constitutional treatment to reduce the recurrence of attacks and to build resistance & immunity which will lead the treatment towards cure in short span of period.
Self medication is not advisable.
Aconite, Allium cepa, Ambrosia, Ammon carb, Arg nit, Aralia R, Ars alb, Arundo, Merc sol, Nat mur, Nux vom, Phyto, Pothos, Psorinum, Sabadilla, Sambucus, Spongia, Solanum, Sulphur, Tuberculinum etc