Bed Wetting (Enuresis) and Homeopathy
Bed wetting is a common problem in children and conventional medicine does not have much to offer in its treatment. But Homeopathy plays a significant role in the treatment of bedwetting in the children.
By the age of 2 and half most of the children are dry by day and half also by night. After 5 years of age only 10% of children are still wet by night, but this condition may continue until the age of 15 in 2% of cases.
Bed wetting (Enuresis) is of 2 types
- It is found in children who have never been dry
- Those who have been dry and then start wetting the bed again
Causes of Bed Wetting(Enuresis)
Childhood depression like anxiety, loss of security, fear, guilt and punishment can make a child wet the bed. Another major set of causes are related to bladder infection, bladder control, change in urine composition, defective digestion, worms, skin diseases, diet (rich in fat & sugar) and occasionally kidney disease.
Homeopathic Treatment for Bed Wetting (Enuresis)*
Consult a Qualified Homeopathy Practitioner for proper treatment. After a detailed case taking patient need constitutional medicine, which will lead the treatment towards cure in short span of period.
Self medication is not advisable.
Homeopathy medicines/Remedies for Bed Wetting
Arg nit, Belladona, Benz acid, Borax, Calc carb, Causticum, Cina, Dulcamara, Equisetum, Ferr met, Gelsemium, Kali Mur, Kali Phos, Kreosotum, Lac Can, Lyco, Medorrhinum, Nat mur, Opium, Psorinum, Plantago, Pulasatilla, Rhus tox, Sabal ser, Secale cor, Senega, Sepia, Silica, Sulphur, etc.
- Diet - The child should not be given any liquid diet and much spicy & salty food in the evening as such regimen tends to increase urine output. The child should be put on a light diet especially at night.
- Punishment - The parent should not punish their children for the act of bed wetting.
- To increase the sensibility of bladder - To allay the sensibility of bladder, the child should be encouraged to retain water as long as possible in day time. Parent should encourage the habit while going out of house such as picnic etc.
- Sleep - Before putting the child to bed he/she should taken to toilet for urination. The child should not be put to bed immediately after dinner.