Asthma and Homeopathy
In Singapore Asthma is very common disease as we have seen many asthmatic adults as well as children coming for effective homeopathy treatment.
Asthma is chronic inflammatory disease of the airways caused by a verity of triggering factors, which causes recurrent episodes of dyspnoea, chest tightness and wheezing. It is also at times referred to as "Bronchial Asthma" as the main involvement is of the bronchi.
The tendency to develop asthma is hereditary and patients have at least one other affected family member suffering from asthma or skin disease like eczema.
Asthma is often a part of atopic syndrome. Atopy is an inherited allergic hypersensitivity affecting parts of body and involves eczema, allergic conjunctivitis, allergic rhinitis and asthma.
Triggers of Asthma
- Inhalant allergens like pollen grains, house dust mites, mold spores, animal dander etc.
- Irritants like tobacco smoke, air pollution, dust, volatile organic compounds, including perfumes, soap, detergents, air fresheners etc.
- Repeated URTI infections, especially viral respiratory infections can trigger asthma with chronicity.
- Occupational asthma may occur due to constant exposure to chemicals gases, metals, animal products, wood dust, plastic resin, and biological enzymes in work place.
- Cold and rainy weather or extreme changes in temperature can make it harder for asthmatics to breathe.
- Medications including Aspirin, beta blockers are known to cause bronchospasam in susceptible individual.
- Gastroesophagal reflux has been has been recognized as a common trigger of asthma.
- Emotions like laughter, tension, stress, anxiety, and even exercise may trigger an attack of asthma in weak individuals.
- Hormonal changes in adolescent girls & adult women during their menses and sometimes pregnancy can lead to worsening of asthma.
Types of Asthma
- Childhood onset asthma or Allergic asthma
- Adult onset asthma or Intrinsic asthma
The three main cardinal symptoms of asthma are:
- Wheezing - a whistling or hissing sound when breathing out
- Shortness of breath - especially with exertion or at night & may occur after exercise or when exposes to cold, dry air
- Coughing - may be chronic, usually worse at night & early morning & may occur after exercise or when exposed to cold, dry air
Homeopathic Management for Asthma*
Holistic treatment of a Homeopathy from Qualified Homeopathy Doctor on time, can save patient from dependency on inhalers/bronchodilators, antibiotics, anti-histamines etc & also improve their overall immunity towards such respiratory ailments.
After detail case taking a homeopath will give you a constitutional medicine which will reduce the recurrences of attacks. This will help to lead the treatment towards cure in short span of period.
Self medication is not advisable.
Homeopathy medicines /remedies for Asthma
Aconite, Ambra grisea, Antim tart, Ars alb, Aurm triph, Blatta Ori, Bromium, Carbo veg, Cina, Crotalus cas, Cuprum met, Ipecac, Kali carb, Medorrhinum, Nat Sulph, Nux Vomica, Pothos, Psorinum, Senega, Sulphur , Sambucus, Thuja, Tuberculinum, etc.